Student’s Pass Application Procedures

The College will help you in your application for a Student’s Pass. You will need the following in connection with your application:

• Birth certificate (with the student and both parents’ names)

• Highest education certificates and transcripts

• 2 passport-sized photographs against a white background

• 1 photocopy of the original passport

• Documentary proof of financial ability and parent’s statement of monthly income with position

• Names on all documents must tally with the name on the passport

Notarized / certified true copies of all the above documents. Copies of all originals and translated versions (in English) must be submitted to Canadian Education College for Student’s Pass application.

While you needn't submit the original documents to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), you should have them ready, as ICA may need to verify the photocopies you have submitted against the originals.

Your application for a Student’s Pass is done online, through an ICA website. A unique SOLAR+ number will be generated. You will be informed of the SOLAR+ number. You can check the status of your Student’s Pass application by logging into SOLAR+ with the SOLAR+ number.

Your application will be processed by ICA. This will take about 4 - 6 weeks. ICA will then inform the College as to the outcome of your application. If your application is approved, the College will send you your in-principle approval (IPA) letter. If your application is rejected, you may request the College to do an appeal on your behalf.

Approved application

If you receive in-principle approval, the College will arrange an appointment for you with ICA. You will have to comply with the requirements stated in the in-principle-approval letter. You may be required to:

  1. Bring along original documents for verification when you appear for your appointment. Please make sure you have all the documents required.
  2. Undergo a medical examination.

Rejected application

If your application for a Student’s Pass is rejected by ICA, you may ask the College to write a letter of appeal on your behalf. Your application will be reviewed by ICA, which will then allow your appeal or reject it.

Student’s Pass regulations

Your Student’s Pass is not transferable and will be cancelled when you are no longer a student here. If you withdraw or complete your studies at the College, the College will inform ICA. You must return your Student’s Pass to the College for cancellation within seven (7) days of your last day in the College. You will be given a copy of the cancellation letter. You will then be able to stay in Singapore for 30 days on a social visit pass.

The initial application fee for a Student’s Pass will be paid by the College. Any subsequent fees (e.g. renewal, internal transfer of course) that may be charged by ICA in connection with your application must be borne by you.

Student’s Pass renewal

The College will help you with the renewal of your Student’s Pass, as long as you inform us at least three (3) weeks before the expiry of your Student’s Pass. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Student’s Pass is renewed on time. The College will not be responsible if your pass expires, or your application for renewal is rejected by ICA because you were late in submitting your application for renewal.